Sunday, June 13, 2010

Doomba Part III and Beyond!

So, this past Thursday was my last official Zumba class of the mini-session that I took. It was such a BEAUTIFUL day outside, I had a really hard time getting motivated to go. However there really is something to this "Inner Healthy Girl" thing. I really wanted to go to the jewelry store and finally get myself the Pandora bracelet that I planned to get as a reward for making it to 50 lbs. However, I packed up my stuff and made it to class, 3 minutes late.. Well when I got there, there was one other person there. (Apparently the rest of the class was outside enjoying the weather, or buying themselves jewelry probably).

Class ended up being me and 3 other people. We went at a little bit of a slower pace, because we were all beginners, so that was really nice. I still have absolutely no rhythm... I will never be a fabulous dancer... But Zumba definitely IS a workout that anyone can do!



By the end of class my arms and hips were burning and it felt GREAT!

Friday night I went up to Mt. Pleasant to visit Jess. I'm afraid that our shenanigans may have been the cause of a gain this week, but it sure was fun! We hit the bar, and had lots of snacks after... At least we got in a mile walk home from the bar. =)

Saturday, I met up with a friend and co-worker, Julie to go to the East Lansing Relay for Life. We got a good hour or so of walking in, and it was such a beautiful day that I decided to wear a summer dress. I got my SPF 50 on during our walk... so I thought I was all set! =)


After that I headed over to Lansing's Pride festival in Old Town. Met up with Amy Call and a few friends, and bumped into some Derby girls. I had a nice chat with Regina and her mom who is now a WW leader in Lansing!.... When I left Pride, I went home to nap for an hour before going to my cousins dance recital... when I got home, I realized that I hadn't put any SPF on my chest... which resulted in this:
OOOOPSY!!!!

So now, My water aerobics class starts tomorrow. I was REALLY excited, until I remembered that my bathing suit is pretty much going to look ridiculous with this burn-line. HA! Oh well.
I'm really curious to see what genre of people will be in class with me. I know I shouldn't worry about it, and just focus on me and my WLJ.

Sorry this wasn't a witty and sarcastic fun blog... I'll get to one of those soon I'm sure. It's just late and I should head to bed, but I didn't wanna leave all you lovelies hanging!

No comments:

Post a Comment