Monday, November 22, 2010

Back In the Saddle Again...

So, as I just posted, I started my new job about two months ago, and since then I have been too busy to prioritize my life very well. I've done a lot of eating out, and then a lot of coming home and crashing.

My friend Julie invited me to join her and about 8 other girls that have been going to see a personal trainer. He works with the group of girls so that it's much cheaper for us, but he makes much more money!

So I didn't even give myself any time to think and I responded to the invite immediately. I am finding that the tiny little fat girl inside me is getting quieter and quieter. I was shocked at the fact that it didn't scare me. I was excited to get active again!

Well I have now been going to these "semi-personal" training sessions for three weeks now, and I LOVE IT. It's been great to get some specialized workouts but still get pushed hard.

I actually RAN for 10 minutes straight. I guarentee that is the first time that I had done that since at least middle school. I KNOW that I walked the mile in High School to spite Mr. Kimball (oops)
Tonight we did Tennis drills, and it was a BLAST. I was WAAAAY better than I ever was in High School, which is moderately hilarious since I played Tennis for a year and "attempted" to be decent.
Either way, I'm shocked to find that I don't hate working out! I don't hate being active and I'm NOT terrible at it. Hmmmm makes me wonder if I really could get on some skates.....

1 comment:

  1. Man I wish I could have a personalized workout with someone there to kick my butt when I'm about to give up... Maybe I will add that to my Christmas list!

    ReplyDelete